Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Matthews Doctors

I wanted to let people know about the people that care for Matthew. He has some wonderful doctors in Iowa City. If it wasn't for these doctors I am not sure if my son would be with me today. The doctors in the town I live in well let me just say I think their degree came from a cracker jack box because they have NO bedside manor, wouldn't listen to a word I would say, thought that I was some over bearing mother who knew nothing. Then finally we were referred to The University of Iowa Children's hospital. We found the best doctors ever there and finally some one to listen to what I had to say. Not only were the doctors great the nurses everyone we ever came into contact with was great. I remember one time I rushed Matthew to Iowa City, Matthew had his tonsils removed he was in the hospital for 3 days still wasn't right but doctors said once he was home he would perk up, but 2 days later we were back he still wasn't eating so he was admitted to the hospital for another 4 days, we went home again, and 2 days later he had a fever of 103 so I rushed him to the ER and he was admitted again for another 3 days. The doctors said he should be recovered from the tonsillectomy that that wasn't why he was sick his pediatrician told me he was doing it for attention so he was again sent home still not doing well and not eating. We went home and the doctor that did his tonsillectomy had us come back 2 days after we went home just for a check up and he was still ill and not at all doing well. When I asked him if maybe his blood sugars could be low he said no we checked them 2 days ago and they were fine. We left his office, I called a nurse down in Iowa City I was in tears frantic that Matthew wasn't going to live if he didn't get help so she had me bring him down there, when I got to the ER in Iowa City he was started on an I.V immediately, they checked his blood sugar and it was 50 that's not OK like the other doctor said. Well we spent another 4 or 5 days in the hospital come to find out there was an infection sealed behind the scabs from his tonsillectomy, he had to do 5 days of I.V antibiotics, and he had some kind of white spots in his mouth and on his body, so he had to be treated for that. So I think when dealing with doctors if you are not happy with how you are being treated keep looking there is a doctor out there that is still a doctor not someone who is in it for the money I have about 6 doctors and nurses that are the best people ever and I know if I called them or e-mailed them they would do what ever they could to help my son and that means the world to me. Well just wanted to let everyone know there are still doctors out there that care for their patients. Keep the faith if you have one that isn't.

3 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

Hi... I just wanted to drop you a line... er ... note :D RSS was recently brought up with my son Nathan, I am going to be updating my Unique Flowers blog here today with more info about what is going on, but was seeking out some fellow parents. A friend of mine sent me your blog, and I'm hoping we might connect considering we have similar issues with our sons. Matthew is beautiful BTW. I have to make lunch for my crew but I'm planning on coming back and reading so you may end up with more notes from me.

MoonNStarMommy said...

How is he doing now!?!?! {{BIG HUGS}}

Stacy said...

Matthew is dealing with croup right now and is very ill right now, if you want to talk please send me an e-mail to stacy.witzke@gmail.com